Bioinformatics Associate I
South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Our group is seeking a highly motivated full-time computational biologist contractor to join our team.
- Our work is at the intersection of multiple disciplines including data science, cancer and molecular biology, statistics, and bioinformatics.
- An ideal candidate will apply their training to exciting problems in translational cancer genomics.
- You will be working directly with a diverse team of clinical and research scientists to develop computational analyses to address biological questions utilizing large scale next-generation sequencing datasets.
- Support computational analyses of large datasets to explore underlying biology
- Develop and maintain software of in-house computational tools
- Contribute to publications in high-quality scientific, technical, and medical journals
- Masters or Ph.D. in a relevant field (such as computational biology, systems biology, bioinformatics, genomics, statistics, computer science, cancer biology, etc.)
- Strong programming skills (e.g., R or Python) with familiarity with Unix environment required
- Experience in high-throughput data analysis, visualization, and interpretation