Administrative Associate I
South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Admin role that will cover two groups part time to equal 40 hours per week.
- This temporary position will be responsible for scheduling meetings, coordination and scheduling candidates for open positions, ordering catering and making sure orders have been delivered, ordering supplies, and submitting Facilities work requests and making sure the requests have been completed.
- This position may manage one or more of the staff’ s calendars.
- In addition to the duties listed above, routine duties will be required, such as answering phones, directing calls, taking messages, sorting/route incoming mail and maintain office machines (photocopiers).
- Further duties include learning the chain of custody process for tracking slides, which includes barcode scanning of slide bundles and delivering them to the pathologists’ offices and to the CALM suite. Once trained, will be expected to perform this duty.
Other duties to include:
- Manage calendars (gCal) (ongoing)
- Schedule staff meetings and contracts meetings (agenda, schedule, catering, inviting guests) (ongoing)
- Schedule meetings where challenging schedules are involved. Need to work well with other admins to assist in juggling multiple schedules.
- Compile information and format information for the Quarterly newsletter (ongoing effort)
- Manage the scientist profiles. Collect information from each of the scientists and manage them through the legal and regulatory approval process as well are organize photography shots. (ongoing effort)
- Learn to make Research web page changes (ongoing)
- Register team members for conferences and book travel (small amounts)
- Assist in planning dept offsite, construction celebration, white elephant party, promotion celebrations
- Order thank you gift items and office supplies
- Sit in B42, help with interoffice mail and FedEx for Contracts
- Database entry and cleanup
- Prepare and submit GDOs
- Other duties as assigned, time permitting
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and complete work quickly.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people are required.
- Proficiency with Mac/PC computer systems in a cross-platform environment and advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- The individual should be familiar with working with databases and willing to learn to use database-reporting tools.
- An ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines is essential.
- AA or equivalent work experience